Saturday, July 19, 2014

Member of the Week: Meet Sadie Nielsen!

        Hi! My name is Sadie Nielsen and I will be starting my junior year at Southern Miss this fall! In
2012, I pledged Chi Omega along with 53 other “sisters” as well as my biological sister, Sarah Nielsen, from PC’09. Who knew you could actually be bonded to a sibling in more than one way?! Since my sister is 3 years older than I am, we were separated for a couple of years when she left for college; however, joining her as a “baby hootie” my freshman year made up for the lost times! From wish granting with Make a Wish, Monday night meetings, social functions, and sisterhood events, I would not change one single thing! As freshman year came to an end, I did not think life as a Chi Omega could possibly be any better. I was so wrong!
         In the Spring, I was chosen to be T-Shirt Chair for Epsilon Delta. Oversized t-shirts, aka every college girl’s daily necessity, are probably the most treasured item during this time in your life.  Designing and organizing t-shirts can be very tedious and time consuming (especially when you are not artistic…). I cannot begin to tell you how many girls have given such helping hands at any given second. No matter what I needed or when I asked, someone was always willing to help in whatever way! (S/O to you guys!!! Looking forward to this semester J) Also, I was nominated as Chi Omega Sophomore of the Year. For starters, I was beyond ecstatic to receive this award. My sister received it her sophomore year, too! (Another bond right???) But, this award meant so much more to me than being voted out of my pledge class. It made me realize the importance that Chi Omega plays in my life (cliché or nah?).
As a Biology major applying for pharmacy school, one word to describe me is balanced. This organization has taught me that my academic goals are attainable as well as being in a sorority. From study dates to coffee breaks, my friends are always encouraging! Chi Omega promotes campus involvement, which pushed me into joining numerous honor societies. I truly feel that Chi Omega has helped me become the best version of myself that I could possibly be and I am so thankful for that!
         Altogether, my experience with the Greek Life at USM has been solid. This system is perfected in such a way that you will find your “home away from away” and meet incredible people along the way! One of my favorite things about Greek Life is the unity. All of the sororities and fraternities act in such a way to give back to the community through their philanthropy events. It can sometimes be challenging to stay active within the community as a college student, but with the help of Greek Life, it is easier and very rewarding!


Xoxo,
Sadie Nielsen & the Epsilon Delta Chapter of Chi Omega

1 comment:

  1. Love this Beautiful Lady!! She has it together and Chi Omega has helped her do just that.

    ReplyDelete