Monday, July 28, 2014

Member of the Week: Meet Chloe Sanders!

Hello! My name is Chloe Sanders, and I will be a sophomore at Southern Miss this fall. I enjoy traveling, and actually just got back from an amazing trip to Haiti where I was immersed in their beautiful culture and given many opportunities to serve the Lord by serving His children. My idea of happiness is being surrounded by the ones I love with my hand in a bag of peanut M&M's. I like being on the water, skiing, tubing, wake boarding, kayaking, anything and love work just as much as I love play.  I am freakishly good at food babies and get my nails done way too often. 
 I am a member of the 2013 pledge class of Chi Omega, and I've also had the honor of being elected chaplain and recruitment team assistant. Chaplain is a position that one can do as much or as little as they want with, and regretfully I have not done as much as I would've liked so far. But I'm currently in the process of changing that! I am planning on starting a bible study this semester (maybe even a little bit this summer) through which we study God's Word, share each others' burdens and praises, and lift each other up while lifting the Lord up! My prayer is that this will be just another way for our sisterhood as well as our personal relationships with Christ to grow stronger. Get ready girls!
On campus, I am involved in Luckyday Scholarship Foundation, Campus Crusades, and the Mathematics department. These activities along with many more are what made my first year at Southern a success. Getting involved with organizations that line up with your values is so important to find joy and peace during those times when school and life are overwhelming! And Chi Omega and Greek Life just add to that support group! I can always have confidence that someone is there for me.

Some of my favorite memories from this past year include various philanthropy events for all of the fraternities and sororities on campus. From dance competitions to carnivals and crawfish boils, you can rest assured that you won't get bored being involved with Greek Life! Southern Miss Greek Life is very strong, and I feel like we do a great job of supporting what each one stands for and believes in by attending their events! The opportunities are endless on this campus and through Chi Omega! I am so thankful for each one God has given me, and can't wait to see what He has in store for this year!

Xoxo, 
Chloe Sanders & The Epsilon Delta Chapter of Chi Omega

No comments:

Post a Comment