Monday, July 14, 2014

Member of the Week: Meet Anna Gilg!

        Hey there!! My name is Anna Gilg, and I am a junior! I pledged Chi Omega my freshman year (making me part of pledge class 2012), and it was by far the BEST decision I've ever made! I came to Southern Miss not knowing many people, which is the main reason I went through recruitment. I know I made the right choice when I ran into open arms at the Chi O house on bid day! In Chi Omega, I found a group of ladies that would come to be my closest friends - ones I can laugh with, cry with, and who embrace me for who I am! Cheesy right? Well it's true so you better believe it! 
        As far as my involvement within Chi Omega, I currently serve as the Vice President (scholarship chair). This keeps me on my toes as I feel that I should strive to do my best in school since that is what I'm asking of the rest of the members. It has helped me step out of my comfort zone and become better friends with many of my sisters. I know that I am growing as a result of serving on the executive council! 
        I am a part of the USM Honors College, which requires students to take multiple hours each semester of honors classes. Although these classes are very difficult and consume a lot of my time, I know it is good to be challenged. Just have to remember, hard work always pays off!
        I absolutely love Southern Miss! I would have to say that my favorite tradition is painting the Eagle Walk as a freshman during GEWW. It made me feel special that I was already leaving my mark even before classes started. I also love tailgating with all my friends before games! I enjoy dressing up in my black and gold attire and socializing. In my opinion, it's definitely one of the best parts of the entire fall semester.
        If I had to describe myself in one word it would be BUSY! Busy studying, busy going to various events, busy socializing, busy being OCD, and of course busy waiting for the next meal! 
Fun fact; I'm pretty positive that I could live on pickles for the rest of my life if I had to. It's by far the best food ever made and the fact that they have almost zero calories is a bonus! 
        All in all, I know that I chose the right university and the perfect sorority for me. Looking at the bigger picture, that's not all that matters. At USM, all the sororities and fraternities in the Greek system come together as one to support each others' philanthropies and make one another better! I couldn't be more thankful and proud to be a part of Greek Life at Southern Miss! 

Xoxo,
Anna Gilg & the Epsilon Delta Chapter of Chi Omega

No comments:

Post a Comment