Friday, May 30, 2014

Member of the Week: Meet Taylor Crenshaw!

           My name is Taylor Crenshaw and I am a senior music education major with a minor in Spanish. I am a member of the PC’13 of Chi Omega. As a senior, I am very involved on and off campus. I have been on the Dean’s List for 6 semesters, and have served as a volunteer tutor at local elementary schools. Along with academics, I am very passionate about my major, music. My favorite hobby is playing piano. I am a member of the USM Pride of Mississippi Marching Band, USM Basketball Pepband, and USM Symphonic Winds. I have participated in the USM Orchestra, USM Wind Ensemble, and the USM Trumpet Ensemble.
Not only am I very involved in my major, but I am also a Luckyday. Being a Luckyday Scholar has provided me with multiple opportunities. Through Luckyday, I received the study abroad scholarship and will be spending this summer in Spain. Southern Miss has been my home for three years, and the best decision I ever made was joining Greek Life. Chi Omega has brought me so may opportunities as well as friendships I could never replace. Looking into the audience and seeing a sister during a concert brings a huge smile to my face and sharing my talents and interests with my sisters lights up my world. My favorite memory of my years thus far at USM has been the opportunity to perform in Songfest. Playing my trumpet and using my abilities to benefit Make-A-Wish was an amazing experience that I will never forget.
            Happiness, to me, is leaving something or someone better than you found them. In relation to my definition of happiness, if I had to describe myself in one word, it would be dedicated. Dedication is more than half the battle of success.

Xoxo,
Taylor Crenshaw & the Epsilon Delta Chapter of Chi Omega
           







No comments:

Post a Comment