Friday, June 6, 2014

Member of the Week: Meet Alicia Frazier!


Hey Y’all,
My name is Alicia Frazier and I am a Senior Communication Studies major from Petal, Mississippi. I am a member of the 2011 pledge class for Chi Omega here at Southern Miss and currently I am serving the chapter as Secretary.
Though Chi Omega has provided so many leadership and service opportunities to me while being a student here at Southern Miss, it has not limited my involvement in other areas. Just this past year I was the Secretary for Eagle Connection, the student recruitment team, and was an officer for the Eagle Ambassadors football recruiting organization. I also had the distinct privilege of serving as a Southern Style Ambassador for 2013. Other areas where I am and have been involved on campus are the Luckyday Scholarship program, Campus Crusade for Christ, and the Diamond Darlings. One of my other favorite involvements was Freshman Associates for 2011-2012.This year, I will be an executive board member for Golden Eagle Welcome Week, or better known as GEWW. In addition to my campus involvement, I have also had two jobs here at Southern Miss, one in the Office of Admissions as a student tour guide, and another as a Summer Conference Ambassador.
Now before any of this involvement was ever a thought in my imagination, I had to make a simple choice. I chose to “Go Greek.” Sorority recruitment and joining the Greek community singlehandedly opened the door for me, a clueless freshman, to get involved and be a leader here at Southern Miss. The deep friendships and connections that Greek life encourages is what makes the experience unlike any other on the university scale.
It is truly difficult to pin down one favorite memory/experience/spot on campus that I would claim as my own. To be honest, this entire campus would have to be my favorite and I could not say that I have ever had a bad experience. To choose one thing though would have to be the Southern Miss Founders and Awards day every spring. This is a time for alumni and current students to be together as the Golden Eagle family and celebrate the history and growth of our beloved university. Southern Miss has worked hard to get to where we are today; nothing was given to us or handed over on a silver platter. This lesson in hard work and dedication is something that any student can take away, but Greek life teaches its members that and so much more.

Fun Facts:

Describe yourself in one word: 
-Industrious
What is your favorite hobby? 
-Yoga
What is your weirdest talent?
-I am surprisingly good at remembering people’s names after I meet them one time. It might be a little creepy. 
What is your idea of happiness? 
-All of my Pinterest boards coming to life at my home, in my closet, in my refrigerator, etc…
If you had to choose one food to eat every day for the rest of your life, what would you choose?
-It would have to be the tomato basil soup from The Depot in downtown Hattiesburg.

Xoxo, 
Alicia Frazier & the Epsilon Delta Chapter of Chi Omega

No comments:

Post a Comment