Friday, February 27, 2015

Meet Terrie Jackson, PC' 14

Less than six months ago, I ripped open one of the most life-changing envelopes of all time… my invitation to be a member of the Chi Omega Fraternity.  At the time, it seemed as though it was only a little slip of fancy paper that needed my signature, but I have come to realize that it was so much more.  Signing my name to become a new member did not include just crossing my T’s and dotting my I’s, but rather memories made with sisters whom I would share an unbreakable bond with. 
Although eagerly running home to Chi Omega on Bid Day was definitely a stand out moment in my time as a new member, there were many other instances when I realized the strength and perseverance of the women who called themselves Chi Omegas.  One of these realizations came as I was walking in unison with the rest of my sisters down the stairs of Reed Green Coliseum during our annual Philanthropy event, Songfest.  All eyes were on the ladies in red as we held the hand of a fellow sister with heels on and a lit candle.  The lights were dimmed and the room was crowded with our peers, families, and members of the community.  However, for just a moment, it seemed as though it was only my sisters and I present.  Each of us had the fear of falling in our eyes, but stayed upright with the steady hand of a reassuring sister.  This simple, but significant moment reminded me of the purpose of what it meant to be a true Chi Omega lady.  The warmness that flooded the room made me understand that with the help of all of these unique and loving sisters, I really would be discouraged never for a lifetime.
Even though my time as a new member has quickly come to a close, I could not be more thrilled to officially start my journey as an initiated member of the Epsilon Delta Chapter of Chi Omega.  In just a few short months, Chi Omega has become more than just the Greek Organization I am involved with.  It has become home, and for that, I am forever grateful.
XΩ Love and All of Mine,

Terrie Jackson




No comments:

Post a Comment